Thursday, April 24, 2003

I feel terribly dull. I work. I do wedding stuff. I knit (which right now falls into the wedding stuff category). Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about my wedding, and it's fun to do a lot of this stuff, but I do feel rather shallow lately. All my stories are wedding-related. This wasn't supposed to happen.

For example, what's on my mind this week? OK, for one, my dress. You know, my wedding dress. It was supposed to have been in a month ago, but there was something wrong with part of it when it shipped from the factory, so they had to re-make that. Then it was supposed to be in early this week, but no one has called and it isn't early anymore. Guess who I'll call later today?

The second thing taking up space is my band. You know, my wedding band. We went to pick that up yesterday, and there was a problem there, too. We ordered it to match my engagement ring - channel set princess cut diamonds halfway around the band. Basically, it's my engagement ring without the center stone. But when we went to pick it up, the diamonds did not match the size of the diamonds in the engagement ring, and the band itself was much thicker (not top-to-bottom thicker, but inside-to-outside thick if you know what I mean). So, they have to make a totally new ring. And to do it right, they had to take my engagement ring. I'm not worried about that - they are the people who made that ring in the first place. I just hate not having it and I hate having the hassle of having to have a second ring made.

What's on my to-do list? All sorts of stuff. Wedding stuff. Pick the menu for the rehearsal dinner (with no rehearsal, since Jewish weddings don't rehearse - though I will talk everyone through what's going to happen). Find something to wear to the rehearsal (yet not) dinner. Buy more Altoids for our favors (cute little round metal boxes with personalized labels and Altoids inside - Ryan stuffed most of them the other night but we were just slightly short, so back to BJs we go). Write "thank you" notes for gifts that have started arriving. Finish knitting 1.25 bridesmaid tops (almost done with number 3!). Finish writing, laying out and then print our programs (we need programs since many guests will have never been to a Jewish wedding). The list goes on. It's mostly little stuff, but it's still got to get done.

So with that filling my head, there's not as much space for other interesting talk. Intellectual talk. I swear, when this wedding is over, I am going to find the biggest, thickest, brainiest book I can find, read it cover-to-cover, and discuss it with anyone I can find!

No comments: