Monday, January 27, 2003

During our morning status meeting today, a woman who has never been very friendly to me told everyone she had just handed in her resignation. Everyone was so sad, and told her how she’d be missed, and one person even cried. I sort of felt guilty that all I felt was relief since she had never made any effort to be nice to me. Not that she was nasty, but I got the distinct sense that she couldn’t care less if I were here or not.

The not-skiing weekend turned out to be really fun. Ryan and most of the others went skiing, while two of us sat in the lodge for a few hours and hung out. I got a couple of inches done on bridesmaid tank #2, and then Ryan and Anita came off the slopes and decided they were done for the day. The three of us went outlet shopping for a few hours and met up with the rest of the crowd at home for dinner. All in all, it was a good weekend, and nice to spend some quality time with good friends.

Once again, it was fuh-reezing when I left the house this morning, and it is going to stay that way a bit longer, it appears. I am so sick of this friggin weather. It really makes me not want to go anywhere other than work and home. I am far more sociable in warmer weather.

No comments: