Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Yay! Shetha has a new blog!

Yay! It's only very cold today rather than my-nose-just-fell-off-my-face cold!

Yay! I just felt like saying "yay!"

So I didn't go to Stitch-n-Bitch again last night. I was stuck here at work a little late the past few nights, and didn't even realize it was Tuesday until long after I had left the house. How lame. I swear, I really am coming back someday, ladies!

Everything just seems so busy now. I'm making more headway on the wedding plans, but still having occasional moments of "what am I missing?" I think because I did so much up front, I stopped doing anything other than idle thinking for a long time. I'm still awaiting my dress, and still awaiting a swatch of the skirt fabric so I can use it to help pick shoes.

I need to get on the ball with ordering the bridesmaid skirts (oh yeah, and knitting those tops...) but I have been holding off in hopes that one of my bridesmaids will be pregnant (she has been trying for a while.) I think if it doesn't happen this month, I need to just do it - supposedly it takes 12 weeks for the skirts to come in. I've heard many people say they got them earlier (quite a bit earlier in some cases) but I really don't want to bank on that.

We did get the little round tin boxes we are going to use for our favors, and they look nice. The labels we're going to stick on top are to be delivered either today or tomorrow, so maybe over the weekend we can sit and put those on, to get that out of the way.

What I really need to do is get on the ball about flowers. I have so many different visions of what they ought to be that it is paralyzing me. I think I need to just take an hour, think about it, and then call the darn flower guy I want to work with. His shop is literally around the corner from my apartment, so it would be super-convenient. I saw his work at a wedding that we happened upon while it was being set-up one day this summer, and I liked what I saw. Why I am procrastinating on this, I have no idea.

And let's not even talk about the bridesmaid tanks. Although I love the knitting, I just have not been terribly motivated lately, and the guilt is racking up. I need to relax, get back to basics, and just whip these things out the way I know I can.

No comments: