Wednesday, March 26, 2003

I've been having so much trouble sleeping lately. Not falling asleep, but staying asleep. I wake up in the middle of the night, and then by around 6 or 6:30 a.m., I can't sleep anymore. Mostly I wake up with my head spinning from the things I need to do that day, or in general. I've got a "to-do" list a mile long, and plenty going on at work, too. Add to that the gym 4 times a week (my goal - which I am proud to say I usually achieve) and the occasional social obligation, and I think it's entirely possible that one day I will wake up with flames coming out my ears.

And now on top of that, I think I did something particularly dumb. I think I threw out my tiara by accident. I can't find it at my office, where I last had it because I had brought it veil shopping with me. It was wrapped in a plastic bag, and I think I may have tossed it last week. I'm not going to go completely nuts yet, but after I methodically tear apart my office today, I probably will be convinced that it's gone. I can't for the life of me remember bringing it home, though I have looked around here anyway. Oy. Everything was fine until last week - then I think my brain imploded.

Maybe it's because I realized there are 81 days left 'til W-Day. And there's a war on, which probably won't be over by then. That's comforting. I wonder if people won't want to fly? I hope that won't happen, but I did put information for traveling by Amtrak on the travel information sheet we're putting in the invitations.

I'm halfway through the armhole on the front of the second bridesmaid top. I may be able to finish it tonight, depending when I get out of work. I'm going to go to the gym, have a snack, and park myself on the sofa with the knitting and the kitties. But first, there's a whole work day to get through. Better go get dressed for it.

No comments: