Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thinking about acronyms

I was invited to and joined an industry group with a very intentionally amusing acronym as its name. For months they just existed as a group on LinkedIn.com but earleir this week they had a get-together at a hip bar in the city. I didn't go, and didn't think twice about it.

Today I got an email with a little photo recap from the event, and it made me feel strange. I saw a bunch of people I used to work with and really used to enjoy hanging out with at work, in bars, wherever. And it made me miss that life a little bit.

Not enough to want to go back to work full time, but enough to make me want to go to the next party, and to get out a bit more, try and find some balance in my life. I don't know if that last bit is actually possible. But I think I can manage to find someone in addition to my parents to watch my kids so next time I don't have to either sit this one out, or beg my parents for a nighttime favor.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Balance is important, and it seems easy to let slip when you are so focused on the babies. That's something I'm sure you can get back now that you are thinking about it.

Heidi said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog!! I look forward to reading yours now.

Molly said...

I hope you can find a good balance. I struggle with it too, except from the opposite side.