Monday, March 25, 2002

What a Monday. Some jerk's car alarm was going off right outside my window from 3am to 5am. It would go off for a minute, stop, start, stop for 10 minutes, start, etc. And to think I skipped watching the Oscars so I could go to bed at a reasonable hour and get a good night's sleep!


On the up side, saw a fantastic play last night. QED, starring Alan Alda. The play is about Richard Feynman, the Nobel Prize-winning physicist who died about ten years ago. Alda is on stage alone for nearly the whole play (there is only one other character, and she is in and out just a few times) and does an absolutely amazing job. Our seats were in the first row, so much of the time he was sitting just 5-6 feet away from us - it was a very intimate theater experience, and one I doubt I'll find again. If you can, go see it!


The other excitement was the big yarn sale at Smiley's! More on this later, but I spent about 100 bucks and came home with a hefty bag full of yarn. I'll take a picture when I can. I better start knitting fast - I have a small apartment and my stash is threatening to take over the place.


No comments: