Friday, March 29, 2002

Having a lot of trouble getting started today. More TV spots to write. And probably more campaign concepts for this new biz pitch. I really like my job, but I'm not in the mood today. I just want to go home and knit. (I'd stay here and knit but sooner or later someone will open my office door and catch me red-handed!) I'm hoping most of the office will leave early for Good Friday so I can, too. I shouldn't complain. I left here at 4 on Wednesday for Passover. Then yesterday at 5 because I could. But it's Friday, it's finally getting nice out, and I have plenty of knitting to do.


Tomorrow is looking to be a productive day. Ryan has to shoot a video project for school (he's getting a Masters in 3DAnimation at SVA) most of the day. So I am busy making a list of all the things I want to do. Maybe I'll post it here to force myself into it. We haven't spent much quality time together lately, so he's actually planned us a date tomorrow night! A real "put on something pretty and I'll take you somewhere" date. I love that.


Speaking of Ryan, I'm in a particularly good mood because he won his small claims court case! He did work for a client, who was a friend of a former colleague, and the jerk never paid him. The jerk said the work wasn't satisfactory (which is a big lie) and said he wouldn't pay. It turned into quite a saga. Ryan filed in small claims for $3K, which was the max allowed, and still not all he owed. And the idiots counter-sued. The original court date was 9/12. Obviously, here in NYC, THAT didn't happen! So it then got pushed off to Halloween. Then because of various stalling tactics by these people, it got pushed to Jan. 17, and finally happened Jan. 31st. Of course I was the good girlfriend at his side for all these court trips. I was very disappointed to learn that they don't give you a verdict then and there - they mail it to you. Is this true everywhere? Anyway, after all this time, he finally got the decision yesterday, and the judgement was in his favor for the full amount! Hallelujah! Now it's just a question of actually collecting from them. Eek.


And last on my agenda this morning, haven't you always wondered which muppet I was? Wonder no more!


You are Kermit!
Though you're technically the star, you're pretty mellow and don't mind letting others share the spotlight. You are also something of a dreamer.


I won't argue with that.

No comments: