Thursday, July 25, 2002

Did a few more rows on the Moo blanket last night. I see a spot where I messed up and have 2 extra black stitches, but since it's such an abstract pattern, I think it's not a big deal. I suppose if it really bugs me when it's finished (I bet it will!) I can just duplicate stitch over them in the ivory. This blanket is really so adorable, and the yarn is so nice to work with, but boy is it slow.

On the up side, I knit a little swatch this morning - just a bunch of rows of white followed by a bunch of black, and I washed it in the sink to make sure the black wouldn't bleed. Looked OK while it was still wet, so I think it will be just fine when dry. Phew! I started worrying about this the other night, when I realized that no matter how careful I was to keep it clean, I was going to need to wash this before giving it to Jill for her baby to use. I managed to convince myself of impending disaster and black dye bleeding all over the ivory. Luckily, that's not the case!

Got one more little thing off my wedding to-do list last night - I asked Ryan's sister, Kristy, to be a bridesmaid. Several months ago, I wouldn't have thought I'd do that, but after spending that week together in France, I really got to know her better and realized how much I like her. We're the same age (Ryan is 3.5 years younger than I am) and so we have a lot of the same memories/cultural reference points. And she's very smart (I think to do brain surgery this is generally a requirement!) and has a great sense of humor. So, we had a really nice chat and she said she was very happy to be asked and that she would love to be part of the bridal party. Yay!

Tonight I'm having dinner with my friend Alex, who I haven't seen in quite a long time. We're going to McSorley's, the second-oldest bar in the city. I haven't been there in ages, but I remember they have yummy burgers and good ale. Should be fun.

I'm supposed to have a Summer Friday tomorrow, but I'm not sure what's up right now. If we are not doing well on TV spot ideas, I may have to come in and work on it some more. I think they're having a meeting in about 5 minutes to figure out where we stand, so I am crossing my fingers big time that I get my free day!

No comments: