Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Discussion with Vanessa this morning and she says she talked to our boss (Vanessa is a notch up the totem pole from me) and thinks I shouldn't be worried. She says there is enough work on their antipsychotic client to keep us all busy and relieve some of the stress on that account. We shall see. That is a comforting thought, but I am not going to put all my eggs in this basket anymore. We are certainly living in "interesting" times.

So the apartment-hunting appointment with Diana was exactly as I expected. Although she called and asked the guy if we were going to see apartments, and he said yes, that didn't happen. We didn't even see that particular broker. The guy we did see was not bad, but all she did was fill out their form, and chat. Her price range is really low for Manhattan (she's a social worker - not the highest-paying job out there) so it's going to be tough. His advice was to wait until after September 1, when all the college students (whose parents pay their rent) are done and the landlords are hurting a little more to fill vacancies. My feeling is she's not going to find something in Manhattan that is liveable and affordable, and she should just look in Astoria, Queens, which is her backup plan. But, I guess you have to try and get your ideal first before you give up on it, so I will cross my fingers and wish her luck.

I didn't go to Stitch-n-Bitch, but I did get a lot of knitting done last night. This Paper Phil knits so quickly! I am just a few inches away from the armholes on the front of my Ginger tank already! I know I said it before, but I will say it again - after working with the unforgiving Topas, this stuff is like a dream.

Tonight I've got dinner plans with Dawn, a friend I went to high school with. Haven't seen her lately, so I'm looking forward to catching up.

No comments: