Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Well, dinner at Noche was really yummy and lots of fun. It had been a long time since Leanne and I just got to hang out and chat, without either being at a party or with the boys. We're still playing with the design of the wedding cake, but the consensus is it's going to be a carrot cake! Can't do the cream cheese frosting on top, but it will be in between the layers. Yummy. She had mentioned once that it was doable, and I mentioned it to Ryan and his eyes got as big as saucers. Apparently, it's his favorite cake. It's mine, too. Who knew?

Unfortunately, I got bad news yesterday, too. Diana (friend since forever, maid of honor in this crazy affair) called to tell me that her grandmother died early yesterday morning. The funeral is tomorrow, so I will be taking the day off work to be there, with my boss's blessing, thank goodness. Diana was there for my grandma's funeral a bunch of years back, so there's no way I would not be there for her.

I forgot to bring any of my knitting with me, so I won't be making it to Stitch-n-Bitch tonight. I am really missing being there and seeing everyone! I am going to have to clear my schedule for next week so I can be there finally. In the meantime, I guess my stitch-picking-up for the tank will have to wait.

Wanted to give an update on the Moo blanket. I finally had the chance to wash it with the Synthrapol, and it didn't do much, unfortunately. Maybe the areas which had run were slightly lighter, but it was pretty hard to see a difference. I finally realized that although I could easily see the difference, it was not so obvious to other people that the ivory yarn was now greyish. So, I gave it to my cousin, and when I explained what had happened, she told me I was nuts, and that she thought it was beautiful and she was so happy that I had made something so fantastic for her baby, etc. So, although it wasn't what I wanted it to be, all's well that ends well, I suppose!

No comments: