Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Knitting? What's knitting? Oh, I think I used to do that. Urgh.

OK, I did start the front of bridesmaid top number two. I did at least four rows, so get off my back, people! Of course, that was Sunday, and now it's Wednesday. I have an appointment at Bliss after work, and I'll probably be home between 7 and 7:30, so perhaps I'll devote the rest of the evening to knitting and TV. Sounds very soothing.

Just as I procrastinated knitting, I procrastinated meeting with florists, and now am procrastinating follow-up with them. One gave me a ridiculously huge estimate that I do not think can possibly be whittled down to reasonable proportions. One gave me a very reasonable - almost scarily reasonable - estimate. He's the one right around the corner on Court Street. So why haven't I called her to tell her I don't think it can be done, and called him to tell him it can?

Work is busy in a weird way. I have a project that we're outlining and putting together schematics for, to be presented on March 13th. I am supposed to review what we've done so far at noon with my boss and her partner (associate creative director for copy, associate creative director for art.) My art director partner is out today, so it's just me, which is fine - at least I can get a word in. He tends to talk a lot. I have the visual schematic, and I wrote a detailed description of the program flow and components, so I think I'm fine. I'm not sure how much further we need to go for the client presentation, which makes me wonder whether I am over- or underestimating my portion of the work involved in this presentation.

Been going to the gym fairly often - trying for four times a week minimum, and focusing more on weight training than cardio. I've read in a few places that weight training is actually more important for a woman in her 30s. Also, I tend to work pretty quickly, and not take a lot of rests (because I want to get home!) so I think I get a decent cardio benefit while I am doing weights. I'm now calling my workout plan my "hotness initiative" (so that every piece of my life can have some business jargon?). I'm not working out to look good for my wedding - all the stuff you can see when I wear my wedding gown already looks fine. It's the stuff hiding underneath I'd like to change a bit. The stuff everyone will see in my honeymoon pictures. That is the true challenge.

No comments: