Monday, April 01, 2002

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I took advantage of the beautiful weather on Saturday and did some shopping. First I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to try and get blinds to put behind my pretty new curtains. No luck there, as they didn’t have the right size.


So I went next door to Old Navy instead. Got some cute olive green pants and black cuffed capris. Also a cute little blue hooded jacket from the girls department. That’s my big secret – a girls size 16 at Old Navy is pretty much the same as a grown-up small. I have the cutest dress I got there last year, and everyone asks if it’s a Lilly Pulitzer. Usually I confess it’s Old Navy kids. J


After that, I went to Crate and Barrel. Bought myself a rug, which doesn’t seem to be pictured on their website. And some photo coasters as a housewarming gift for (fellow knitter!) Leanne and her husband Glen, who moved a couple months ago to the ‘burbs. Then she called me this morning and said she’ll be in the city Wednesday and can we get together? Can we talk about better timing than that? Now SHE gets to carry them on the train! ;-)


Did some knitting, too. On the train up to Port Chester (about 50 minutes) yesterday to Gary and Olga’s, I got a few more inches done on the Mom sweater. I’m far enough along to proudly report it does not seem to be see-through at all. Yay! I’m hoping to have photos tonight. Took a bunch and gave the camera back to Ryan, who I have to ask to email or FTP the pics. Maybe tonight.


No comments: