Friday, September 27, 2002

Hair status: curly! With the rain we're having, no point in trying anything else.

General status is bored. Bored bored bored. I haven't had more than three hours of work to do all week. I am so disappointed that this has turned out to be such a blah job. I mean, I was not expecting glamour and excitement, and I did take this job because it was a good entry into a new industry (pharmaceutical advertising vs. consumer) that is very lucrative. And at the time, no one else was ready to hire me, and this job was paying $10k more than I had been making before being laid off.

That said, I am still bummed to be looking for another job so soon. It makes my resume look pretty crazy, with a lot of short stints here and there. And I have only been here since March, which means prospective employers will be definitely question my stability. Hell, I'm even questioning it these days. But really, I was hired to work on a project that got postponed until 2004, and have been tossed around from client to client ever since. Yuk.

I have an interview Tuesday at a place I interviewed at before I started here. Back then the creative director liked me a lot, but felt I didn't have the necessary pharmaceutical experience. These days it seems I might. We'll see how it goes. I think there are other more attractive options out there that are also possibilities, but I'm going to check this out, too. At least I am in a pretty good position, as I don't seem to be in danger here.

Very happy that the weekend is nearly upon us. The realtor is having another open house at Ryan's place, and we hope to find a buyer so we can get to making moving plans. My lease ends 11/30, so it's getting a little nervewracking!

No comments: