Wednesday, April 03, 2002

Got a really nice note from Julie today. Apparently the sage sweater actually inspired her to buy a bunch of similar green yarn. How neat, and how nice of her to tell me so! I can tell I'm going to like Julie - she's got goofy stick figures on the homepage and a shameless cat photo section! She tells me the knitting section is coming soon - I can't wait to see!


Leanne came over tonight and we spent about half an hour just looking at my stash, her recent purchases at the yarn store, and the Rowan Spring/Summer 2002 book we now both own. She moved out to a nice house in the burbs in January so we don't get to see each other much. This was a nice treat. I made matzo brei (which she loves, but never gets to eat since she got married and we're not roomies anymore!) and we just babbled about knitting, gossip, etc.


I'm glad Passover ends tomorrow. I am SO not a religious Jew, but I still keep kosher for Passover for some reason. My parents are the same way. It's a weird phenomenon - I don't really believe in the religion all that much, but somehow this is just a part of who I am. I know I'm not the only one.


Managed to get a few pics off the digital camera. Here's the big stash I picked up at the Smiley's yarn sale a week or so ago.



And here's a bit of the stash and a bit of the cat, but really I was trying to get a picture of the cute curtains I got on sale at The Company Store.



And the long-awaited Mom Sweater. This is days ago, and it's WAY longer now - I'm halfway through the armholes. It's hard to see the fabric in this pic, but the darker spots are really slubs of metallic yarn, and there is a thin metallic strand running through other parts.



Well, off to wash up and relax in bed with my knitting before I keel over.

No comments: