Wednesday, April 03, 2002

I am awfully enamored of Bonne Marie’s cute little purse. I have a major purse fetish. There’s something I ought to do - take pics of all my purses to post. My big problem is I live and work in NYC, so I need to be pack horse and thus carry a large bag most of the time since I don’t have a convenient car to leave stuff in. But I have lots of adorable little tiny bags that hardly ever see the light of day! Poor things. They usually come out to play on vacation.



Speaking of vacation, we’re in the midst of planning one! Two weeks in Europe. First week is in Provence. Ryan’s Dad rented a house in a town not far from Avignon, and it’s going to be us, his parents, his sister and her boyfriend, and for part of the time Ryan’s friend Chris and wife Andrea. We did it last year (sans Chris and Andrea) in Tuscany, and it wasn’t such a screaming success for me. But this year his parents are more convinced that I am going to be around for the long haul, so I think it will be more fun. Let’s hope.


Either way, the second week should be a blast. We’re taking a train to Rome, then renting a car and seeing Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast, and Capri. So far we don’t have anything set in stone except the hotel on Capri, but that is enough to get me dreaming! This place looks really fantastic and was very well-reviewed everywhere I looked. We’re springing for a suite with a sea view. I balked at first, but Ryan said if we’re going to be in this spectacular place, we might as well do it right. Sometimes I need him to remind me of that.


Now going back full-circle to the start of this post – as a little "vacation gift" I am planning to make cute little knitted purses for myself, Ryan’s Mom, sister, and maybe Andrea, too. I haven’t really figured out what yarn or design I want to use, but I think I want something generally along the lines of Bonne Marie’s creation. I'm open to any and all suggestions!

No comments: