Wednesday, May 22, 2002

Ended up staying far later than I had planned at Stitch-n-Bitch last night. Jackie, Marney and Carolyn are absolutely evil! Though it wasn't that tough to get me to stay once I realized that I didn't actually have to get up early this morning. Usually I get up at 7:15 to be at the office at 9, but today I don't have to go in before going to Philly, and I'm meeting my colleague at Penn Station around 10:45. So, I didn't get home until 11 and didn't actually get to bed until after midnight.

Unfortunately, the garbage truck was really loud this morning and I was up at 7 anyway. Argh! I seem to be waking up more from street noise lately, and I don't know if it's just that there's more noise or I am sleeping less soundly. I tend to be a light sleeper anyway, so the latter would not be good news.

But, making the best of a bad situation, I finished up the top of the strawberry cap I started last night. This is going to be for Tracy's new baby girl, born yesterday. I'm not certain about her name just yet, but it may be Lily.



The cap is from the Anne Norling pattern, using Tahki Cotton Classic. When I left last night I was up to the beginning of the top leaves, so you can see this works up very quickly. Everyone at Stitch-n-Bitch kept telling me how cute it is, and since I didn't actually design the pattern or anything, I feel OK agreeing. I love these little fruit caps and seem to not tire of knitting them.

Since I was in photo mode, I also took a snap of the finished Honey cardigan. It's tough to see the detail along the raglan edges, so maybe I will get a better shot later. Wore it to work last Friday and got some compliments, followed by astonishment when I said I'd knit it myself. And made the button out of Sculpey. :-)



Now here comes silliness: I am so close to finishing the Mom sweater sleeve that I know I would finish it in the first hour of my train ride, and have nothing for the rest, or the way home. So obviously I should start something new from my WIM list. It will either be the Ginger tank in the same Summer Tweed as the cardie, or the Flame tank in this pretty black sparkly yarn I picked up a few months ago. You'll just have to wait anxiously to find out which it is!

No comments: