Tuesday, May 21, 2002

We've finally gotten somewhere on that sleeve. I finished all the increases last night while talking to Paul, who came over to watch the "Ally McBeal" series finale. Now, I loved that show the first two seasons, and haven't watched it in about three years, since it just got too annoyingly stupid for me. But I hadn't seen Paul in a while and was curious about the show's end, so I watched. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was lamer than the "X-Files" finale. When Ally was saying goodbye to all at the end, Paul was joking around saying "And I'll miss you, Cowardly Lion, and you Mr. Scarecrow" and then Ally gets to the Biscuit at the end of the line and says "I'll miss you the most, Scarecrow." We nearly fell off the sofa. Dialogue should never be that predictable!

Now my dilemma is I don't think I have enough yarn with me to finish the sleeve, but I was planning on going to the gym, then Stitch-n-Bitch tonight, which doesn't really leave enough time to stop at home. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just take it as a sign - I said I didn't want to stay too late tonight, so when I run out, I should leave. Or I could skip the gym and run home for yarn. Or I could buy new yarn at Downtown Yarns and start a new project.

Actually, that third choice is the most likely option. Leanne's sister Tracy is having her baby today (she's a tiny little persona and this is her 3rd C-section, this time they decided to schedule it in advance) and since I am no way no how going to finish those baby blocks in time, I am going to make it a little strawberry cap, and some co-ordinating booties and/or bib. It's already on my list to buy the stuff tonight. Hey, if anyone has the Ann Norling fruit cap pattern on them, can you tell me what the gauge is and how many stitches to cast on for the newborn size? Mine is somewhere at home, but I couldn't find it last night.

No comments: