Monday, June 24, 2002

Yesterdays Mets game was lots of fun! Didn't spark Ryan's interest in baseball per se, but he enjoyed himself and seemed willing to go back someday, as long as it's not a regular thing. Fine by me! Free tix make it more fun, of course. It was super hot and sweaty, but I only got a little sunburnt, and considering I had only managed to put sunscreen on my arms and shoulders, forgetting my legs, I feel lucky. I don't want to be too redundant, so check out ryanimator for a pic of us at the game.


I did make it up to the Yarn Co. on Saturday and picked up two more balls of the Topas in green (they were all out of the orange). I think what I am going to do is keep the bottom striped and just work the top in solid green. Should be OK, and I think that is probably the color that looks better next to my face anyway. Now there's just the doubt over whether this is too wide. I made the pattern smaller by an inch, but it is still a good bit wider than the last tank I made. Then again, this yarn might be nicer a bit looser. Or it might not. Well, the worst that happens is I frog, frog again. Hopefully by tomorrow's Stitch-n-Bitch I'll have figured out exactly where I want to start the green. Jordana, at the Yarn Co., said start it around the armholes, but I'm not sure. Might be nicer to start it a bit lower, kind of where an Empire waist would be. Decisions, decisions!


Just 3 more days of work until vacation. We leave Friday evening. I can't believe after all these months of planning, it's almost upon us!

No comments: