Tuesday, July 30, 2002

I'm definitely in a bit of a knitting rut. I haven't managed to finish anything in ages. Somehow my boatneck is just sitting there, finished up to the armholes on the second side, and I haven't touched it in over a week. I have been working on the Moo blanket here and there, but it's such a big project that I really ought to have something else to finish so I will feel better about things. I'm going to Stitch-n-Bitch tonight, so I guess I could work on the boatneck. I think I've decided that even though the yarn is beautiful, it's not that pleasant to work with. Also, since I'm feeling like the neck is going to be too high and uncomfortable, I've sort of gotten grumpy with the whole thing. Bad bad bad.

Last night I thought I was going to knit but I ended up on the phone most of the night. It was fun to talk to my old roommate, Heather, and tell her my good news (we don't talk that often so there was lots of catching up to do). Then Mom and I made plans to go dress shopping the weekend of August 10th. All of my bridesmaids (except future sister-in-law Kristy, since she is in California and moving to Hawaii any minute now) have told me they want to come shopping for my gown. But the idea of doing that with such an entourage is a nightmare, so I am going on the first scouting mission with just Mom, then will invite the others to join me another time, after I have narrowed it down. I think that just makes sense, and I think that's what the two of them who are married did.

Ryan and I talked last night about photographers and what we're looking for. I think he's going to do the research on this one, since he is an artist and has a great eye. I am good at distinguishing crappy photography from good photography, but the middle ground is vast and I think he's perfectly suited for it. Not to mention that I'm happy to have him do some of the work! I think he will also be instrumental in finding a band. OK, that pun was honestly and truly unintentional, and I am not changing it because it amuses me that I wrote it!

No comments: