Friday, September 06, 2002

I gave in to sickness and stayed home today. Not much was going at work that needed me anyway, so it's OK timing. Except that it is Friday and I feel like crap and I don't want to be sick for the weekend. I'll probably go over to the natural foods store for some lemon-ginger-echinicea juice that has seemed to help in the past. That's along with the zinc lozenges, vitamin c, etc. that I've been sucking down. I will get better fast!

Staying home sick does present a nice knitting opportunity, and I plan to take advantage of it. There are 55 rows of chart left on the Moo blankie, plus 8 rows of just plain old ivory on the end. Well, that doesn't include the crochet edging I am probably going to have to add because I was stupid. Well, the pattern was stupid first, and I was stupid for following it to the letter. It calls for straight stockinette the whole way, which we all know means rolled edges. What is even more annoying is that I looked closely at the photo in the back of the book (Mission Falls Wee Knits Too) and I can see that the edges are definitely garter stitch. When I started this, I said "Hmm, maybe I should just do garter stitch for the first 8 rows of plain ivory" but decided to believe the pattern. Stupid stupid stupid. Maybe instead of crochet, I will do the trick that Stitch Doctor Deb taught me and pick up the stitches a few rows short of the beginning, unravel the start and re-knit in garter stitch from there for a few rows. Any thoughts on this vs. a crochet edging? Keep in mind that I haven't crocheted in a while and never as an edging on a knitted piece.

Had a wedding nightmare last night. All my bridesmaids and my mother abandoned me to get dressed by myself, I couldn't figure out how to get my veil on, everything was a mess, I felt like a total spaz, and was running really late. We were on the beach and everyone was sweaty and gross and by the time I hauled my ass out to where Ryan was I was a totally crumpled mess. Nah, no anxiety here!

No comments: