Tuesday, September 03, 2002

So tired. I am like a broken record with that, aren't I? Hmm, that's an anachronistic phrase now, isn't it? People still use it, but there are probably plenty who don't even realize why. Anyway, I had trouble sleeping again last night and was up at 6:30 even though I was still sleepy and didn't need to be up until 7:30.

I did get to the knitting last night, and got another inch or so done on the "Moo" blanket. Had a freaky moment where I realized I had messed up the pattern and had to rip it back a few rows to fix it. Discovered that ripping out rows of intarsia with many different bobbins is a major pain in the ass. Concentrated hard and did it right in the end. Phew!

I will be bringing said blanket to Stitch-n-Bitch tonight, though I don't expect I will stay very late. I think 9pm is my absolute deadline, as I need to go to the supermarket (which is conveniently halfway between Java-n-Jazz and my apartment) and I need to get some sleep tonight. Unfortunately, Jackie won't be there again, but we will try and carry on without her!

Sometime today or tomorrow I need to write some copy for a website Ryan and I are doing for my friend Leanne. She's an amazing pastry chef and does a lot of beautiful wedding and birthday cakes on a freelance basis. Guess what she's giving me as a wedding present? Right! It's going to be so fun to know I can have a beautiful cake that tastes delicious, too, and is made with lots of love. It's going to be a little taxing for her being a bridesmaid and the baker, but I gave her the chance to back out and she said she is absolutely fine with it. Yay! If you know anyone in the NYC Metropolitan area who needs a cake, I can give you her contact info, and I will post the website when it is complete.

Hmm, since I am just waiting on other people to get back to me about all the stuff I wrote here last week, maybe I will do that little bio now. Might as well use my non-working time productively!

No comments: