Friday, April 19, 2002

Wow, this is one serious cold front rolling in! I got off the bus about half an hour ago, and stopped in the little park I have to walk through to get home. I could see the western sky darkening and the wind picking up, so I thought it would be nice to sit on a bench for a bit and knit until the storm started in earnest. It was really fun - I got 5 or 6 rows done while the distant thunder became louder, the sky grew darker and the scattered raindrops became a bit less scattered. I love a good storm. When it seemed like the right moment, I put the knitting away and wandered on in.

That was about 5 minutes ago. Just moments ago I heard a HUGE gust of wind and saw that it was dark as night outside my window. I watched a plastic bag fly by, along with the raindrops - all moving horizontally. And suddenly the breeze coming in my window is about 20 degrees cooler than it was outside a few minutes ago. I love when this happens. A beautiful day, topped by a lovely storm. Glad I don't have to be out in it. (Can't say the same for poor sweetie who is in the editing studio at school - hey, I warned him half an hour ago that it was going to happen!)

No comments: