Monday, April 15, 2002

Oy vey, what a weekend! I'll be as brief as I can, since I have work to do. On Friday night, while we were hanging my new blinds, ALL my cable went out! That means no TV and no internet access at home. Argh. I have to leave work to sit home between 2 and 6 and wait for the guy to come fix it. Assuming he can. I have had these mystery outages in the past, and sometimes it's as simple as someone unplugging the cable in the basement, other times it remains a mystery for FAR too long!

Rest of the weekend was busy busy busy. My brother Larry was in town, so on Saturday we had brunch for 11 - my whole immediate family plus my aunt Silvia and several friends. The "old folk" went home around 4 and we "kids" went for drinks and a light dinner. Fun, but exhausting. Last night my parents, brother, Ryan and I went to Blue Smoke for dinner. Larry's a big barbecue aficionado. Great food, great atmosphere. I was so ready to tip over after dinner though - not much relaxation this weekend. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend!

Hoping the cable guy comes on time so I can get to the gym later. After not working out last week because I was sick, and eating all that barbecue last night, I feel the need for cardio! That's a good sign, actually. It's also the most beautiful late spring weather here now (even though it's too early for that). Makes me feel more energetic for sure.

OK, now I have gone and written more than I expected. I think I had blog withdrawal this weekend, since I didn't have internet access. Would you believe I actually signed up for the free trial month of AOL last night and used their dial-up to check my hotmail? A new low, for sure. Have to remember to cancel that before the month is up.

Very little knitting got done this weekend. A few rows on the sleeve - up to the raglan decrease, which I need to pay attention to do. Still afraid it's too wide, but I am plugging away to see how it goes. Worse comes to worse, I frog a few hour's work. Wouldn't be the first time.

No comments: