Tuesday, May 07, 2002

OK, once again I am posting about a Rowan sleeve problem. I'm about 9 inches into the first sleeve for Mom's sweater, and the thing is way to friggin big! I even followed the smaller size instructions for the sleeve, and it's still going to be a frog-o-rama. Mom has thin arms and tiny wrists, and this will swim on her. So I know I have to adjust the pattern, but I am not sure how much I should adjust. And whether I should just cast on fewer stitches and work the increases at the same rate, etc. Also whether it will screw up the armhole and not fit. I'm going to bring it to Stitch-n-Bitch tonight. Hopefully someone there will be able to help. Obviously I'm open to suggestions here, too!

I think Spring has finally decided to stick around here. It was so nice to walk out this morning in capri pants and be comfy. Soon, I will be able to do away with those pesky socks! (I see Squib and I share this love of going sockless.) I'll still knit the ones I am working on, of course. By the time I finish them, it will likely be Fall.

I think today's the day for a lunchtime manicure. I go in cycles - for months I won't care a whit about my nails, then I'll get all into them for a few months, getting regular manicures. Then I'll go back to not caring. Funny, these cycles often correspond to my disposable income...

No comments: