Thursday, May 09, 2002

What a morning. Up late, then in late, and still falling asleep at my desk. It's rainy and grey and traffic is hardly moving out there. I'm so sleepy my eyes are actually burning.

Hardly any knitting last night. I have been making a little knitted purse for my next-door-neighbor's birthday, and it's mostly finished. I'll post pics later, but it's quite cute - orangey-gold and purple, with mostly purple on one side, mostly orangey-gold on the other, and a little wave pattern at the top where the colors meet (stitch pattern from my Encyclopedia of Knitting). I'm making handles out of i-cord with one strand of each color.

Problem is, I can't find the fabric I wanted to use to line it with! I know it's there somewhere, but I really need to finish the purse by tomorrow, so I may just suck it up and buy some more. We tried to go to a fabric store near home last night, but it was closed after 7pm. Grrr. I was thinking of walking towards the garment district at lunchtime, but it's so crappy out and I was in late so I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe I'll go the place we tried last night after work today, since I will definitely be out of here in time.

No other progress to report, and I'd better get some work done today. Have fun!

No comments: