Friday, May 17, 2002

Lots of fun last night seeing Star Wars with Jill and Rob. I think we all enjoyed it except Ryan, who was very critical. Not unusual. I think he may have hated it. I actually wouldn't let him go to deep into it last night because I didn't want him to point out all the bad things and ruin the movie for me. Selfish, perhaps, but that's how I felt. It's friggin' Star Wars and I'm going to enjoy it no matter what!

Man, is Natalie Portman gorgeous. I'm a straight woman and even I can't keep my eyes off of her.

I have never done the Friday Five before, but this week's is just too-too appropriate. I have been struggling with hair issues, as I'm well into the awkward stage of the growing-out period. This is made more apparent by the curliness of my hair. When it was short short short it was straight straight straight, but those days are over. Now it's just moderately short and unpredictably curly. It's been over 2 months since my last cut, and I sort of want to get it shaped up a bit, but I am having that "don't want to lose any hard-earned hair length" thing. So, here's the five:

1. What shampoo do you use?

Right now it's some banana stuff with a French name I got on sale at Sephora. Tres yummy, though that isn't the name.

2. Do you use conditioner? What kind?

Always! Lately it's that Thermasilk stuff, because I'm growing out my hair and during the winter found myself with a need to blow-dry it for the first time in nearly 7 years!

3. When was the last time you got your hair cut?

March 1st. This is the longest I have gone without a haircut in 7 years. And it is still just a couple of inches long. This is going to take forever!

4. What styling products do you use?

Everything, these days. Used to use molding cream when it was really short. Then during the slightly longer stage it was mousse + molding cream on the ends. Now in just the past 2 days I've decided to stop blow-drying and let it curl again, so I'm relying on Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom - the most amazing conditioner/styler ever, even if I have a major problem with buying Kiehl's stuff these days. (Stemming from getting jerked around for months by their corporate office regarding a job they said they wanted to hire me for, and having zero to do with their products!)

5. What's your worst hair-related experience?

The 80s.

No comments: