Friday, May 17, 2002

Shoe news: I am sad to report that though the new red shoes were extremely comfy all day in the office, they did not perform so well during my 20 minute hoof-it-across-town to the Port Authority Bus Terminal yesterday afternoon. We are talking serious blisters on both pinkie toes, the vamp cutting into the top of my foot, and a painful indentation on the bottom of my foot from the lining on the sole near the instep. I was in pain with every step the rest of the night.

I'm not sure if this is a problem inherent in the shoes, or inherent in wearing brand-new shoes for a fast walk all the way across town (just under a mile and a half, according to mapquest.com). I am very disturbed, though. These are supposed to be comfort shoes, so they shouldn't require a big break-in period. Not sure what I will do. Perhaps give them another chance. I think my feet swelled and that was part of the problem, but if they're not going to be comfortable for real walking, they're not going to be shoes for this city girl! I will keep you all posted.

No comments: