Monday, May 13, 2002

OK, here's a little poll. On the way home from seeing Spider-Man (which, to my amazement, I loved) on Friday night, we were talking about how expensive it is to see a movie in NYC. Not an unusual topic, since we really enjoy movies. But it got me thinking - I know movies here are pricier than anywhere else I know, but how much are movies around the country? I seem to recall paying 5 or 6 bucks in Kentucky 2 summers ago. So who better to ask than my geographically-diverse knitblog buddies (and anyone else who happens to read my blog)?

I'll start - here in NYC, most theaters charge $10.00 per adult ticket. And since it's a busy, crowded city and we usually like to see movies on weekend nights, we generally buy advance tickets via moviefone so we don't get shut out of what we want to see. That adds another dollar to each ticket, so it's really $11.00 each to see a flick. What is it where you live? And are you generally able to see what you want by just showing up and buying tickets, or do you do the moviefone thang? Inquiring minds want to know!

No comments: